Forum » General Notary Discussion

Please sign up or login if you wish to post in the forums

BEWARE OF NOTARY PRO

6 posts, 5 voices

Voices

Pages:

railroads53 4 posts about 11 years ago

We recently did a job for Notary Pro and there has ALWAYS been a “Chiseled in Stone” fee (ALWAYS $50.00) for overnight docs, sent to the borrower. We recently agreed to do a closing for them, did the job and have been paid for it. However, down at the bottom of the confirmation – in not much bigger than 6 pt type we happened to notice that they have reduced their fee, already cheapest in the industry, to $45.00 – for a full re-fi. So if you do anymore work for them, take some good advice, ask them what they pay – you might be surprised.

naomiew 2 posts almost 11 years ago

I’ve done two signings for them in the past week and those were both $70 each. before I confirmed, they told me the price. I will receive my check(s) next week.

Naomi

lkthornton 45 posts almost 11 years ago

If you are accepting $50 signings, you are making less than $6.00 an hour. Signings at $70 equate to about 7.80 an hour. Did you become a business owner to work for minimum wage? You’re better off working at Wal-Mart or flipping burgers as they pay more. With gasoline approaching $4 per gallon, I don’t know how you stay in business working for those paltry fees.

signingagent... 16 posts almost 11 years ago

I don’t agree with the, “$x an hour theory”. IF IF IF the job is close by (I mean within a couple of miles), why not go out for $50 for overnight docs? If you’re experienced and the loan is a simple refi, you’ll be there in 5 minutes, out in 30 and back home in 5. I don’t call that $6 an hour including the wear n’ tear on my car and gas. Working smarter isn’t always demanding the higher fees. Just my thoughts on the subject – kelly

signingagent... 16 posts almost 11 years ago

I don’t agree with the, “$x an hour theory”. IF IF IF the job is close by (I mean within a couple of miles), why not go out for $50 for overnight docs? If you’re experienced and the loan is a simple refi, you’ll be there in 5 minutes, out in 30 and back home in 5. I don’t call that $6 an hour including the wear n’ tear on my car and gas. Working smarter isn’t always demanding the higher fees. Just my thoughts on the subject – kelly

apaloosa 11 posts over 10 years ago

I agree with signing agent – the job w/have to be very close to my home before my car leaves the driveway. I set my fees at $75 for the first 25miles plus a print fee of $25 for the first 100 pages per set. I also charge for fax backs after the first 12 pages. Recently I have increased my fees for trips over 25miles and no one is objecting so I may be doing less work, but this is offsetting my loss.

Pages: