Forum » General Notary Discussion

Please sign up or login if you wish to post in the forums

CTC Notary

6 posts, 3 voices

Voices

Pages:

jamescy 20 posts almost 12 years ago

Warning --Warning

Do not accept assignments from CTC notary. I received a call this morning from the scheduler. He claimed that since I included my confirmation page in with the loan package— they were shorted their fee and he could not afford to pay me.

Just say no!!!

joe 69 posts almost 12 years ago

Thats terrible. Do these companies not understand that their agreement to pay you has nothing to do with any other agreements they may have? If people would understand this it would go a long way. Could not afford to pay you? Give me a break! If thats the case they were in no position to request your services in the first place. This type of stuff seems to be getting out of control.

Companies: Don’t hire people you can’t pay. That means you are responsible for paying everyone you hire, regardless of your intended/expected revenue. Expenses and Income are separate issues, don’t mix the two. If you can’t handle that, then you shouldn’t be in business.

Notaries: Don’t take this garbage. In fact, don’t even let conversations get that far. As soon they start talking about their work, and not your work or the work you did for them, tell them that’s not your concern and get back to talking about your money.

joanbergst 90 posts almost 12 years ago

This is not the way our industry works. Did you submit an invoice?
If you didn’t and just submitted a confirmation letter than this is just a reason, in my opinion, to not pay you

joanbergst 90 posts almost 12 years ago

I forgot to ask: Who is CTC?

Joan,
They are CTC Notary out of Sacramento. I agree that is just an excuse not to pay. I believe that they think they have figured out a loophole to withhold pay from the notaries.

CTC Notary
I retract my statement about this company. I was able to resolve this issue and I have accepted several signings from them that were paid in under 30 days.

Pages: